You have been commissioned by the Australian Government to develop a survey that will gauge the views of
the Australian public regarding “Climate Change”. The Government intends to use the results of your survey to
assist in the formulation of government policy for the next 30 years. The survey should contain 20 questions
which should take a respondent no more than about 5 minutes to complete. Accordingly, for this survey, there
should be no open ended questions (For more information, see Guideline Two – Variable Category Definition).
In this assignment, your tasks will be split into two (2) distinct Parts. The Part A relates to the Survey Questions
and Part B to the Collection of the Survey Data (i.e. the methodology; and, determination of the target
audience). For this assignment, you do not undertake the collection of any survey data/responses.
MIS770 Foundation Skills in Business Analysis Assignment One (Ver DU-A) Page 2
Part A – Survey Questions
• Task 1: write/create twenty (20) survey questions that are specifically aligned to the surveys purpose, i.e.
gauging the views of the Australian public regarding “Climate Change”.
• Task 2: justify/state the purpose/reason for asking each question.
• Task 3: indicate the type of variable that is most appropriate to your question (For more information, see
Guideline Three – Variable Type)
• Task 4: indicate the Level (Scale) of Measurement that is applicable to each question (For more
information, see Guideline Four – Level (Scale) of Measurement)
• Task 5: indicate, in detail, the type of visualisation (i.e. Chart/Table/Graph) you would use to visually
represent the data for each question.
Part B – Collection of Survey Data
• Task 6: indicate the methodology you would adopt to conduct the survey (i.e. how do you intend to
collect the data).
• Task 7: determine the target audience (i.e. what is your Survey Sampling Method) in order to ensure that
your data is representative of the population and then describe your sampling frame.