Select any president you like and write a six- to eight-page paper on the doctrine that president used. You might want to read the Roskin text, page 106 to see what a doctrine is. I have given you a detailed file (see PRESIDENTIAL DOCTIRINES PAPERS) in the Student Center to get you started. Your research must include at least seven credible sources, apart from your textbook. Your paper must address the following:
- Fully define a doctrine and identify why the president of your choice announced a doctrine while he was in office.
- Describe the diplomatic doctrine the president followed, with reference to specific actions or events that occurred.
- Describe the effect that the presidential doctrine has had on regional or global affairs since it was announced during the Cold War.
- Cite at least seven reputable sources, excluding Wikipedia, encyclopedias, dictionaries, blogs and other material that does not qualify as reputable academic sourcework.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- DO NOT INCLUDE AN ABSTRACT but do include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Graphs, tables, drawings and photographs do not count toward the length of the paper; only what you have written as text itself.
- After submitting your paper, you will receive a SafeAssign file that shows you what percentage of your writing has been copied and pasted from other sources, including those found on the Internet. I will not accept any paper that has a reading over 30%, so if yours falls within that parameter, you will have to paraphrase those highlighted portions of your paper to get that figure down to 30%.
- In the Student Center, I have also uploaded a file on PRESIDENTIAL DOCTRINES PAPERS that contains papers on every doctrine announced by an American president, so here is some research already done for you. Take advantage of it. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the cultural, economic, and political context of information resources, and interpret information in light of that context.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international problems.
- Write clearly and concisely about international problems using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.