1. Write a Formal Letter: Use Format on Page 136.
PERSUASIVE LETTER: Asking an organization to accept Student Interns (page 222, Exercise 12.14, letter (a.)
As Director of Internship Programs at City College, you have more would-be interns than intern positions. Write a Formal Letter asking companies to accept student interns. Be sure to order you response with
- main points
- negatives (address any resistance)
- reader benefits
2. Write a Memo: Use Format on Page 146
REPORTING A PROBLEM: Please complete Assignment 11.10, Item “e” (page 192).
In any organization, things sometimes go wrong. Write a memo reporting a problem and recommending a solution. Be sure to objective in your description. The best way to deliver bad news to superiors (page 191)
- Describe the problem
- Tell how it happened
- Offer options for fixing it
- Recommend solution and ask for action
3. Write a Memo: Use Format on Page 230
WEB SITE EMAIL QUERY: Send a question or other message that requires a response from a website. Be sure to include all details necessary for the receiver to answer your question completely. You should also include contact information on how you be reached if they need further information or clarification. This Assignment 13.12, Item “a” can be found on page 245.
- Ask a question about a product
- Ask about information about a job or an internship
- Question an organization about donations or volunteering
Please see page 230 for examples of how to format an email for professional inquiries. Your submission should include all elements of the email: Address, Subject Line, Salutation, and Signature Block. Include a screen capture to demonstrate all areas of the assignment are completed.