History Turning Points
General Overview: Select an event, incident, a legislative action, or related marked historical moment in the years from Reconstruction until today that marks an important transition in American History. This historical event can lead to a social, economic, or political transition that shaped the country’s history. Additionally, you will conclude this research project with a supposition of how history might have been shaped had this event never occurred or of another possible outcome could have been possible.
Examples: How did the new technology of WWI change modern warfare? What could have been the possible benefits and problems if the Freedman’s Bureau continued beyond Reconstruction?
Research Objectives & Questions to be Discussed in Your Essay: (Incorporate these questions in the writing of your essay.)
- Why did you select this event?
- What were both the short- and long-term effects of this historical event?
- Who all were impacted/affected by this historical event?
- How was history changed by this event?
- If you were to imagine a different outcome or reaction to your event, what do you suppose might have been a different outcome in the short- and long-term?
Select this event, and answer the question.
Write about the economical shift in the United States as the major history turning event.. How has the economic shift dissemination transferred the old era to a completely new generation in relatively short period of time? Give examples.