I’m trying to learn for my Management class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Consider this issue from the point of view of Bobby and from the Management. Good HR Management weighs multiple perspectives of issues as an effective means to devise programs, policy, and initiatives that enable the organization’s culture and effectiveness.
Write a 700- to 1,400-word analysis, using your research, of the incident, “I am qualified, Why Not Me?” Include the following in preparing your response:
- Provide a critical analysis of the scenario. What are the details (facts) of what took place? What are the considerations of this situation from the employee point of view and from the management point of view?
- Discuss whether or not Bobby has a legitimate complaint. (Consider HR principles and employment law along with motivation principles). Does any organization, like Crystal Productions, have a responsibility to provide training and development opportunities to enhance promotion from within?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of a promotion from within policy and whether such a policy would be appropriate for Crystal Productions.
- Identify what the Head of HR should consider as the first step in creating the policy, who should be involved in developing the policy, and what should be done in preparing for implementation. (avoid first person language).
- Recommend the desired goals/outcomes of such a policy and the impact the new policy would have on staffing and performance management strategies for the organization.
- Summarize what impact the changing workforce might have on the new policy. (Think about the nature of work in the present environment, generational attitudes toward work, economic conditions, etc)
- Summarize a brief policy that addresses hiring from within.
Include a minimum of 3 sources to support your work comprised of the course text and 2 peer reviewed journal articles (see Announcements section for definition of a peer reviewed journal source). Government and professional organization websites are good sources but will be considered as additional sources to the 3 required. Keep in mind that usage of the text must extend beyond merely citing the scenario.
For further study: DeVaro, J. (2016). Internal hiring or external recruitment?. IZA World of Labor, (237).
Format the paper to APA standards. There is a template in the Announcements section to help with proper formatting of the cover page. There is another handout posted in the Announcements section that has the main general rules of APA.