Week 4 Lab 3:
- After downloading the Lab 3, open it and enter your answers directly in the document
- See the Evaluation Procedures section for additional information on Lab assignments
- Fill in your name in the attached document, put your full responses below each item, save the file using file naming following file naming convention“ISSC456_Lab3_LastName_FirstName.doc” where LastName is your last name and FirstName is your first name, then return this document to the Lab 3 section for grading.
Lab 3 Details:
Hardware/Software Setup Required
NetStumbler (available at http://www.netstumbler.com)
Nmap (available at http://insecure.org)
In this lab, you will learn how to detect an access point using a wireless card and NetStumbler. In addition, you will learn how to detect an access point using a wired connection and Nmap.
Estimated completion time: 60 minutes
Report the steps for performing the task above.
- Detect a wireless access point with NetStumbler
- Detect a wireless access point with Nmap