Week 2 Lab 1:
- After downloading the Lab 1, open it and enter your answers directly in the document
- Labs are due by 11:55 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday
- See the Evaluation Procedures section for additional information on Lab assignments
- Fill in your name in the attached document, put your full responses below each item, save the file using file naming following file naming convention“ISSC456_Lab1_LastName_FirstName.doc” where LastName is your last name and FirstName is your first name, then return this document to the Lab 1 section for grading.
Lab 1 Details:
Hardware/Software Setup Required
Access to cmd.exe and regedit32.exe
Examine a Windows Registry to view keys, subkeys, and values.
Estimated completion time: 60 minutes
Prepare a one-paragraph summary detailing how the information contained in the Windows Registry might be useful in a forensic investigation.
- Open a command line window on a Windows computer
- At the prompt, type “regedit32” and press enter to open the Windows Registry
- Explore the Registry keys, subkeys, and values taking note of the type of information contained in each
- Prepare a one-paragraph summary detailing how the information contained in the Windows Registry might be useful in a forensic investigation