Please read the attached case and answer the following questions:
1. Why does Akami need to geographically disperse its servers to deliver customers web content?
2. If you want to deliver software content over the Internet, would you sign up for Akami’s service? What alternative costs exist?
3. What advantages does an advertiser derive from using Akami’s service? What kind of products might benefit from this kind of service?
4. Why dont major business firms distribute their videos using P2P networks like BitTorrent?
5. Do you think Internet users should be charged based on the amount of bandwidth they consume, or on a tiered plan where users would pay in rough proportion to their usage?