What If . . . ?
You are a detective in a medium-sized city. You have been assigned a “high profile” investigation that has attracted local and nationwide media attention. There are pressures to make an arrest and see the suspect convicted. Some are calling for the death penalty. There is also the victim’s family to consider in your investigation.
• How would you address the media and community who are pressuring you to make an arrest?
• How do you satisfy your superiors who are demanding a “speedy” investigation without cutting corners?
• How do you address the family that is asking you why the investigation is taking so long?
• What resources can you call upon to further your investigation?
• What are some of the first steps you might take in your investigation?