I’m stuck on a English question and need an explanation.
- Initial Response Due: Friday by 11:59pm
- Response to at least TWO Classmates Due: Sunday by 11:59pm
Because this is our final class discussion, and everyone is working very hard on your research papers, I wanted to keep it light, so I’ve put together two TED talks to base our discussion on.
First, please watch this very funny talk by comedian Negin Farsad.
Negin Farsad | “A Highly Scientific Taxonomy of Haters”
Second, I really wanted to end our course with some wise words by an educator I admire, so please watch this talk by Clint Smith.
Clint Smith | “The Danger of Silence”
Once you have watched the videos, please respond to the following questions.
- What AHA moments, or what moments stood out to you from these two talks? (Please outline at least one point from each talk.)
- If you got a chance to sit down with either Negin Farsad or Clint Smith or both? What question(s) would you ask? What would you want to know from them?
- How is your research paper going? Are you enjoying it? Are you struggling? How can we (me and your peers) support you in successfully completing it?