I’m studying for my Nursing class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Week 5 Discussion: Unlicensed Personnel (Graded)
44 unread replies.44 replies.
Purpose and Course Outcomes
The discussion topic this week pertains to the following Course Outcomes.
- CO 1: Consider the role of the professional nurse in relation to the concepts of integrity and ethical accountability within nursing practice. (POs 4, 6)
- CO 2: Explore the impact of contemporary healthcare issues on the role of the professional nurse. (PO 7)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 5
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 5
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
What principles should the professional nurse use when delegating to unlicensed personnel?
Because the licensed nurse is liable for care performed by an unlicensed person, how do you protect yourself and your patients?
What does your state’s nursing law and rules say about delegation to unlicensed workers?
**NOTE: This course does not include lessons. Please use and credit your textbook and assigned sources to earn points in the discussion rubric.