I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the following resources.
- Arresting Decline in Shared Governance: Towards a Flexible Model for Academic Participation
- Understanding Faculty Senates: Moving from Mystery to Models (Links to an external site.)
- Shared or Divided Governance (Links to an external site.)
- The External Pressures on the Internal Governance of Universities
- Changing with the Times (Links to an external site.)
- A longitudinal evaluation of change leadership within a leadership development program context (Links to an external site.).
For this discussion, you will describe and critically analyze shared governance or leadership at the university level. In your initial post,
- Describe the structures and functions of shared governance and leadership at the university level, with focus on how governance affects and is affected by, one of the following groups: students, faculty, staff, or community at large.
- Assess more broadly how the group you selected is represented in the higher education governance process—that is, how does the group make its needs, interests, and preferences known by governance and participate in governance, and how effectively are their needs, interests, and preferences addressed?