I don’t understand this Psychology question and need help to study.
In a short term paper (4-6 pages), analyze Margaret from Are You There, God? It’s Me Margaret in terms of her self-concept, self-esteem and identity development using Erikson & Marcia’s theories. You may use other theories discussed in the chapter as well. Make sure you address the following:
- What are the components of Margaret’s self-concept;
- How would you rate her self-esteem? Defend your answer with evidence from the book as well as Erikson’s theory.
- What factors in her environment have contributed to her self-esteem (positive and negative);
- What category of Marcia’s theory of identity development does Margaret demonstrate during the beginning, middle and end of the book- defend with evidence from the book;
- Although this book was written decades ago, in what ways is Margaret similar and different from modern day teens?
This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded as follows:
- Response to each of the prompts (50 Points total, 10 points per prompt)
- Citing of evidence (40 Points)
- Organization & Grammar (10 points)