I’m studying for my Communications class and need an explanation.
Watch the following Ted Talk, and reflect by answering these questions
The Decline of Play: Peter Gray at TEDxNavesink (16:04)The decline of play | Peter Gray | TEDxNavesink (Links to an external site.)
1. How has play changed for children in the last 50-60 years, according to Gray? (3 pts)
2. What are some reasons Gray cites for this decline in free play by children? (3 pts)
3. What are the benefits and positive outcomes of children engaging in free play with other kids without adult organization? (3)
4. What are some negative mental health outcomes that Gray feels is linked to this lack of free play? (3 pts)
5. What are some suggestions that Gray provides for what we can do to increase the free play of children today? (3 pts)