Over the past several weeks, you have analyzed a policy related to a social problem and have advocated for change. For this Assignment, you submit your final report and present on your experience and the outcomes of your Social Change Project.
- Read Chapter 13 of the Jansson text.
- Review the feedback you received on the following Assignments:
- Final Project Milestone 1: Identification of a Social Problem (Week 2)
- Final Project Milestone 2: Issue Statement and Identification of a Policy (Week 4)
- Final Project Milestone 3: Social Advocacy Proposal (Week 6)
- Final Project Milestone 4: Policy Alternative (Week 8)
- Select at least five scholarly sources to support your final report. The sources can be from the Learning Resources throughout the course or from your own independent literature searches.
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page final report of your Social Change Project. The final report should include the following:
- Provide a brief synopsis of the social problem and policy you identified.
- Describe the steps of your project:
- How did your experiences as a social work professional and your own goals for advocacy inform your selection of a social problem?
- How did your knowledge of, or prior experiences with, the social problem inform your policy analyses?
- What did you learn through each step, including your selection of a social problem, identification of a policy, proposal for advocacy, and recommendation for a policy alternative?
- Reflecting on your experience, identify 2–3 opportunities for growth. What would you do differently based on your recent learnings?
- For example, you might select a different policy alternative that would be better received by elected officials (or other decision makers in a position of power). Or you might use different strategies when speaking in front of a group to advocate for change.
- Explain how policy relates to direct practice.
- Describe how you will apply advocacy skills as a social worker.
- Be sure to incorporate at least five scholarly articles you found using standard APA format.
Some references to consider using
Jansson, B. S. (2018). Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice (8th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 13, “Troubleshooting the Implementation of Policies in Task 7” (pp. 460–487)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW). (2019). Child Welfare. (2019). Socialworkers.org. https://www.socialworkers.org/Practice/Child-Welfa…