01. 1 point, At least 45 words, You must write at least 45 words to get your point here > In the above documentary, Stranger With A Camera (1999), the culture of poverty located in Kentucky in the late 1990s is described. How is this culture of poverty different than the culture of poverty located in Chicago in the late 1990s, as it was described in Barbara (1999). Barbara (1999) was assigned on WA10, located here. Be sure to explain and defend your response.
02. 1 point, 10-45 words > In class I told you the story of an ethnomusicologist (i.e., which is an ethnographer who focuses on collecting musical data) named Dr. Lily Penleric (i.e., in real life, Olive Dame Campbell) and described her research as “inductive.” Would you describe Hugh O’Connor’s documentary projects in Kentucky “inductive” or “deductive?” Be sure to explain and defend your response. Deductive: characterized by or based on the inference of particular instances from a general law. Inductive: Characterized by the inference of general laws from particular instances.
03. 1 point, At least 45 words, You must write at least 45 words to get your point here > Define ethnography by referencing one of the ethnographers assigned for this course and then defend the ethnographic work of documentary filmmaker Hugh O’Connor.
04. 1 point, At least 45 words, You must write at least 45 words to get your point here > Would you consider Hobart Ison’s act of violence against Hugh O’Connor a hate crime? Why or why not? Need a quick definition of a hate crime (like the crimes inflicted upon Vincent Chin, the Crow Creek Girls, Brandon Teena and Matthew Shepard)? Hate crime: A crime, typically one involving violence, that is motivated by prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, or other grounds.
05. 1 point, At least 45 words, You must write at least 45 words to get your point here > If Hobart Ison had been an ethnographer, how might his documentation of his hometown be different than the ones made by all the ones who came before, including Hugh O’Conner? You must specifically reference Stranger With A Camera (1999), above, in order to get your point here and your answer must be at least 45 words.