I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
FIRST ASSIGNMENT — ONE PAGE BUT PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS AND ANSWER FULLY
AFTER WATCHING THESE SHORT VIDEOS…
- What are your initial thoughts and reactions to these two women’s stories?
- What impressed and stood out to you as you listened to these two different stories of domestic violence?
- Be specific and not generic in your responses.
NOW, WITH WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM AMY AND LESLIE’S STORIES IN ADDITION TO ANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE YOU MAY HAVE AND ARE WILLING TO SHARE:
- What do you think is or are some the greatest problem(s) concerning Domestic Violence?
- Remember, there is no definite answer. This is to encourage you to think critically about what you have learned (or may have experienced) about domestic violence and what strike you the most.
- What are possible solutions: focusing on prevention, better treatment, better intervention, and/or working on more effective legislation…?
- What is the real “take-home” message or most important lesson learned for you? Please do not hesitate to share personal experiences–we need to hear them!
FINALLY, IN REFLECTING OVER THE VIDEOS AND ENTIRE COURSE CONCERNING WHAT WE HAVE LEARNED ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS:
- What do you think we can do to help promote healthy relationships in general and hopefully minimize and prevent such abuse from continuing and maybe even change the ending of someone else’s story?
YOU WILL NEED TO READ AND REVIEW CHAPTER 13 IN OUR LAMANNA TEXTBOOK TO COMPLETE THIS ASSIGNMENT BECAUSE IT IS A PERSONAL APPLICATION PAPER. IT IS ATTACHED. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS AND ANSWER FULLY – 3 PAGES
- Identify and discuss what type of stressor(s) were present (the book provides the different types)? If it became a major crisis, what led to it becoming one?
- Please note: the stressor or crisis you choose to discuss MUST 1) be in the past and one that your family has already gone through; not one that they are currently in, 2) one that you are old enough to recall and speak directly about and how it personally impacted you as a member of the family and 3) impacted your immediate family. This is important because you will not be able to answer all the questions if your family is still working through the challenge or if you are retelling something second hand such as you were too young to remember.
- If you are unsure about ANYTHING or believe you cannot meet this criterion, please email me and we can find a solution together 🙂 I have done this for students in the past; so do not hesitate to reach out.
- Then think about the “course of a family crisis” we learned about in chapter 13. Describe and summarize what your family looked like during these stages: how did your family handle it–what were the responses of the family system?
- Address and discuss how your family coped, adjusted, and or chose to adapt. Were they resilient or vulnerable and why? What resources/factors as addressed in the chapter did your family use, need, or should have used (this depends on what occurred as well as your perception of what took place: remember how everyone appraises the situation/crisis/challenge differently)?
- Finally, looking back, what came from this experience in the life of your family including lessons learned or what you learned about your family and even yourself
It is critical and expected that when discussing family dynamics and personal reflections that you apply course information from chapter 13 in the Lamanna text (13th edition) to support and explain your assessment–by using terms and concepts presented throughout the chapter material as well as properly cite the information.