For this assignment it will be help to review the following resources:
- Basics of Legal Research – Please copy and past link and use this site: https://law.library.cornell.edu/
- IRAC Method of Legal Analysis Lecture (note the sample template is below)
Using the legal research service provided to paralegal students, locate the following:
- The Minnesota statute of limitations for tort of assault
- The Minnesota Supreme Court case styled Lubbers v. Anderson, 539 N.W.2d 398 (Minn. 1995)
For your assignment complete the following:
- Submit a copy of the first page of the statute and the first page of the court case.
- Compose a one to two page case brief of Lubbers v. Anderson utilizing the IRAC template
This is a Sample of the IRAC below: PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE TEMPLATE BELOW!
[Provide summary of key facts.]
[List the issue to be resolve in the form of a question or a declarative statement (e.g., Is the claim barred by the statute of limitation? Or whether the claim is barred by the statute of limitations. Remember that there may be more than one issue. ]
[List each legal rule (i.e., Constitutional Provision, Statute, Regulation or Case Law) that must be applied to the facts to resolve each issue. ]
[Apply the law to the facts. ]
[State the outcome of applying the law to the facts. ]