There are seven methods of ethical decision making (i.e., ethics of virtue, natural law, religion, ethical formalism, utilitarianism, ethics of care, and egoism). Pick two methods as your theoretical framework and use them to discuss ethical and unethical criteria for the police use of discretion. Then find some newspaper articles illustrating police use of discretion, which can also support your arguments.
- At least 800 words, or at least three pages.
- Standard-sized paper (8.5’’×11’’), 1’’ margins on all sides, 12pt, Time New Roman font, typed and double-spaced.
- Use APA format to write your paper, including in-text citations and references.
- Use some journal articles and/or books as references.
- Grammar and writing style will be taken into account when grading. Be sure you are writing professionally and academically.