I’m working on a Anatomy exercise and need support.
Directions: Answer the questions that follow in complete sentences and with proper spelling and grammar. Save them in a Word document or a PDF and attach it below. You may use your book and notes on this, but write in your own words. You may also use outside sources provided that: 1) you cite the source and include a full reference (any accepted format is fine), 2) you do not directly copy from the source – explain everything in your own words (failure to do so will result in no credit), and 3) the source is reliable (no Wikipedia!) and you can verify that it has been written by an expert. Please let me know if you have any questions about how to include citations/references.
Here are the questions:
1. One of the main concepts you will see repeated in this course is: form allows for function (the principle of complementarity of structure and function). Using your textbook or another reliable source, describe the characteristics of a cardiac muscle cell found in the heart and a simple columnar cell found within the small intestine. Contrast these two types of cells in terms of their structure and the organelles found within them. Finally, explain how the structure of each type of cell allows it to perform its function(s).
2. Describe an example of a negative feedback system in the human body (other than one I have provided as an example). First, name the body structures that would make up the three components of the feedback system. Then, explain the role of each of the parts and how they communicate with each other.
This assignment assesses the following objectives for Chapter 1:
Review my “Rules for Discussion Posts” before beginning this post.
Background: Toward the end of Chapter 2, you will learn the importance of protein folding. The complementarity of structure and function, not surprisingly, also applies to molecules – the structure of a molecule allows for its function. And, if the structure is not correct, that molecule will not be able to perform its function!
Prion diseases are a good example of what can happen when structures are not as they are supposed to be, resulting in disease. You’ll need to use outside, RELIABLE sources for this (such as CDC or other sources written by experts). Do not plagiarize – put the information in your own words. You must also cite the information and include a reference for each source you use at the end of your post.
Here’s the assignment.
This discussion assesses the following course level objectives:
1. Apply the principle of complementarity of structure and function to the human body.
2. Describe the chemical level of organization of the body and relate it to higher levels of organization.
4. Explain the concept of homeostasis and how it is maintained, and predict the consequences of failure to maintain it.