This paper is due Sunday
- Ch. 8: Learning Modules
- The Trial Judge
- The Grand Jury
- The Prosecution and Defense
- Types of Witnesses
- Ch. 8: Myths & Issues Videos
- Myth v. Reality: The Courtroom is a Level Playing Field
- Issue 1: Assembly Line Justice: The Effect of the Backlog of Cases on the Courts
- Ch. 1: Simulation
- The Criminal Justice Funnel
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing and evaluating the roles of the courtroom work group. Answer the following questions in your paper:
- What is a courtroom work group? How does this courtroom work group interact on a daily basis? What changes to the courtroom work group would you recommend?
- What is the role of the prosecutor? How does a prosecutor determine which cases to pursue? What would happen if the criteria for taking a case were more or less stringent?
- How is sentencing determined? What are the different forms of punishments?
- What are the effects of the criminal justice funnel and the backlog of cases on the court system and the courtroom work group? What are some solutions to help eliminate the funnel and reduce the backlog of cases? Provide examples.