This is an individual assignment â€“ complete both tasks 1 and 2
The assignment is intended to bring out the benefits and limitations of different approaches to project planning and control by relating these to the circumstances in the cases outlined. It is also intended to allow students to demonstrate their learning and competence in respect of the management of resources generally, but in particular elements of scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
Case 1: Vobien Ltd is an organisation which provides consultancy advice to the service sector. Consultancy the company provides includes advising upon: process and product innovation, automation of work design, and selection and use of social media. As part of your job as the Vobien Ltd special projects manager you have produced a list of activities that need to be aIDressed to source a technological solution for monitoring access and egress within a local authorities library service.
The details are shown in the table provided. Please note: You must use the methodology detailed above table 1 headed essential methodology .
Task 1 (40% marks)
1) Draw the network diagram (use activity on the node). (8 marks)
2) Explain how you determined the timing of activities and the total float. (6 marks)
3) Explain how you determined the project duration and the critical path. (6 marks)
4) If the project starts on the Monday 16th July 2014, what is the earliest date it can be completed using a 5 day working week? Assume no other holidays (explain how you calculated the figure).
5) If the following happened what would be the effect on the duration of the whole project? Explain the reasons. (6 marks)
a) Activity E is delayed 1 day.
b) Activity P is delayed 2 days.
c) Activity Q is completed 1 day early
6) Explain the limitations of Network diagrams. (10 marks)
Assignment presentation and assessment
The answers to both tasks are independent and should be aIDressed separately.
Task 1 (i.e. the network diagram information â€“ (600 words) â€“ completed as an individual task
Task 2 a report that is produced for task two (2000 words) â€“ completed as an individual task
For your convenience both tasks should be submitted as one document, which contains both individual tasks.
The criteria for assessing the first task â€“ the network diagram tasks â€“ are detailed on page 6.