I need support with this Writing question so I can learn better.
Characteristics of Body Paragraphs
This discussion forum highlights the characteristics of an effective body paragraph.
Your participation in a discussion forum, including:
- A response to the initial question(s) below (Monday or Tuesday)
Responses to at least two other students’ posts (Tuesday or Wednesday)
Post a response to the discussion board.
Respond to the following question and, if it’s relevant, include your own personal experience:
- Find an essay (i.e., editorial, magazine article, scholarly article, report) from an online source. Choose one body paragraph no longer than ten sentences.
- Copy and paste that paragraph as well as the URL to the original essay into your discussion board posts.
- Skip two lines.
- Analyze the paragraph in terms of its direction, unity, coherence, and support of the thesis statement.
Read and respond to other students’ posts.
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to any other comments you may have, respond to the following:
- Comment on the author’s analysis of the paragraph. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What did you learn about constructing effective paragraphs from reading this paragraph as well as the author’s analysis?
Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.
8 points Completion of at least one paragraph (5 sentences minimum)
8 points Content and relevance to the topic
8 points Grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
6 points (3 points each for first 2) Response to classmates
30 points Possible
Note: I deduct 10% for late submissions