Help me study for my Law class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
The Stanford Prison Experiment
On the basis of your research on the Stanford Prison Experiment, share your response to the following questions:
- What is the Stanford Prison Experiment? Describe it.
- Would you expect such an experiment to be allowed to proceed today? Why or why not?
- How would you proceed, if you were to create an experiment that seeks to test the same hypothesis as for the Stanford Prison Experiment?
- What changes would you make in order to protect the safety of the participants?
- Were the researchers able to learn anything despite being forced to abandon the experiment early?
- Do you agree that there were ethical problems with the study or are critics making too much of it? Analyze the situation and support it with rationale.