I need support with this Writing question so I can learn better.
You have three (3) options, choose one (1):
1. Many readers claim that “Of Mice and Men” is a criticism of the American Dream and that George and Lennie’s wish to overcome the harshness of life working as ranch-hands and own their own farm was doomed from the start. Do you agree or disagree with this argument? Explain why or why not.
2. Steinbeck has said that “Of Mice and Men” is a novel about the power of companionship and solitude. In fact, many of the characters’ feelings about both are revealed in the book (for example, The Boss’ surprise that George and Lennie were traveling together, Crook’s claim that “A guy goes nuts if he ain’t got nobody,” and Curley’s wife admitting she just wants someone to talk to). Based on your reading of the book, what is your opinion? Is the book about companionship and friendship? Or is it about solitude and loneliness?
3. Discuss George’s actions at the end of the novel. Was he justified in delivering justice to Lennie for his unintentional murder of Curley’s wife? How do you think George felt about having to execute his friend and who George has been taking care of up to this point. Explain your reasons in detail.
● Please note on your title what prompt you are responding to.
● Use Times New Roman 12 point font.
● Double space throughout, but do not skip lines.
● Your paper must be a MINIMUM of 3 pages or 750 words.
● Write a thesis statement (argument) that clearly addresses your topic and/or answers the question you selected.
● As you support your thesis statement (throughout your paper), use specific quotes and examples from the novel.
● Use a minimum of 3 in-text citations. PLEASE GIVE SPECIFIC EXAMPLES.
● For each in-text citation from Of Mice and Men, please include the page numbers and author’s last name. Example: (Steinbeck, 14)