The Medical Staff Coordinator has again called upon your expertise in the area of healthcare law. You have been asked to provide a written discussion of the basic fundamentals of law. You are asked to provide the information outlined below and use research (at least two sources) to substantiate your discussion.
- Discuss the difference between public and private law.
- Summarize the different sources of law:
- Common Law
- Statutory Law
- Administrative Law
Discuss ONE of the following acts and use the questions below to guide your response:
- Privacy Act
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act
- Health Care Quality Improvement Act
- Ethics in Patient Referral Act
- Patient Self Determination Act
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Questions to guide your response:
- What is the date of enactment of this ACT?
- What led to the enactment of this ACT?
- What are criminal penalties, if any, for violation of this ACT?
- Who is governed by this ACT?
- What are some of the key provisions of this ACT?
- Discuss the impact the ACT has had on health care since it was implemented.
Use APA formatting and citation standards. Use at least two (2) scholarly references published within the last 5 years to substantiate your work