In Hagan’s Accident Prevention Manual text, refer to Figure 9-3 (Operations Hazard Analysis Table) on page 205. Use this table template to complete the following:
- Select 3 processes typically found in Industrial Manufacturing and 3 processes typically found in Construction and list these in column one of the Operations Hazard Analysis Table template.
Please note that a sample of one process is already provided in the table to show the format and level of detail required to complete the assignment.
- Complete the remaining 9 columns of the table template for each of the 6 selected processes. These columns include:
- Operational Step
- Source of Potential Hazard
- Triggering Event
- Potential Effect on Equipment, Material Environment
- Personal Injury, Property Damage
- Risk Assessment Code (RAC)
- Procedural Requirements
- Safety and P.P.E.
Hint: The following OSHA links have samples of hazards associated with different work areas and equipment and may be a good starting point for this assignment:
By completing the table, you will demonstrate your ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, prevent and control workplace safety and occupational health hazards within the manufacturing and construction industries.