I need support with this Law question so I can learn better.
Primary Task Response: Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline, which is a Strategic Operational Plan (SOPP). Post you SOPP outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft you will complete next week. There is an expectation that grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format are correct and professional.
The outline for the Strategic Operational Plan Proposal should look something like this:
- Analysis of the current situation:
- Define terrorism and organized crime,their differences and similarities, as well as their philosophy.
- Discussion of possible or actual terrorist threats to an area of the United States or U.S. interest
- Provide detail regarding identified terror organizations, cell structure, types of capabilities, address center of gravity to counter organization or group… etc.
- Discussion of nexus between terrorist organization(s) identified as a threat and organized crime (OC)/transnational organized crime (TOC) organization
- Provide detail regarding Identified organized crime/transnational OC organization name/symbol(s), Reporting structure (leaders and organization members)
- Identified nexus between the OC/TOC organization and the terrorist organization
- explain the symbiotic nature of the two organizations and how this relationship is in effect
- Impact of risk related to the nexus
- OC/TOC organization’s center of gravity (critical vulnerability that when destroyed or disabled make the organization ineffective)
- Threat assessment and identification of potential targets to include type(s) of threat and corresponding deliverable(s)
- Type of threat(s)
- Delivery means
- Date, time, group (DTG) of potential terrorist attack
- Location(s) of possible attack(s)
- Potential after-effects of attack(s)
- Mission of the operation (who, what, when, where, and purpose/end state)
- e.g, Southwest Border, City of Chicago and other relevant information
- Strategies for countering the identified organizations
- Regional JTTF- Southern CA/Chicago
- DHS/JTF-W- Southwest Border Entry Points
- DNI – Actionable Intelligence – Signals/HUMINT
Please provided sufficient detail in your outline to receive full credit.
You are an operations officer for the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) and you were instructed by the special agent in charge (SAC) of the task force to develop a Strategic Operational Plan Proposal (SOPP) and to have the first draft as detailed as possible for the SAC’s review. He gave you this assignment because you already conducted research on numerous sections of the proposal, and you are expected to incorporate your previous work into this outline. For this first draft, the information needs to be clear and concise, with general substantive work.
The following scenario gives you the necessary information to complete the SOPP:
The al-Qaeda terrorist organization is attempting to infiltrate two cells composed of 12 individuals each into a major metropolitan city in the United States. The al-Qaeda cells are funded by a Russian organized crime faction that is trying to penetrate Chicago, IL and displace Chicago’s local syndicate known as
The Outfit. The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, through external and internal U.S. sources, identified the Russian organized crime (OC) faction and its methodology of money laundering in 2012 but delayed a response because signal intelligence (SIGINT) identified the OC’s relationship with al-Qaeda. The city of Chicago was identified as the terrorist organization’s main target, but it is not known how the group will gain access to the United States at this time. The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) identified that the Russian OC faction is attempting penetration into Chicago’s drug, gambling, and prostitution operations for which The Outfit is currently the dominant leader. Chicago police reported three separate assassination-style murders of Russian OC local leaders and attributed the murders to The Outfit.
The National Security Agency (NSA) reported SIGINT between the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) and the Miami-based Russian OC syndicate identifying the transfer of two low-yield nuclear devices to Iranian Ministry of Intelligence operatives at the port of Donetsk, Ukraine during the chaos caused by the separatist move from the Ukrainian government, who in turn where identified by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) as having delivered the two nuclear devices to known al-Qaeda operatives with an unknown destination. The Department of Homeland Security (HLS) has increased the U.S. threat level to
The CIA identified, through SIGINT (cell phones, texting, and e-mails), that al-Qaeda obtained numerous canisters of sarin gas (also known as GB) and is intent on using it against the United States in retaliation for its role in the Afghan war. The CIA and Department of Defense, U.S. Northern Command Intelligence identified the possible infiltration points for the al-Qaeda operatives to be along the Mexico/U.S. border.
The identification of the leader for terrorist cell number 1 was made by the CIA. The cell is possibly composed of 12 men, of whom 2 are of Arab descent, 7 Philippine, and 1 American. The leader’s name is Alwani abu Rayan, but he goes by the alias of Roberto Martinez (his father was Iranian, and his mother was Columbian). The American’s name is John Q. Citizen, and he was a resident of Chicago. Chicago FBI conducted a threat analysis based on all source intelligence and identified the O’Hare and Midway International Airports, the McCormick Place Convention Center, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago as possible targets for the potential low-yield nuclear weapons. Through the DEA, the FBI received intelligence that the GB gas is most likely to be used by the second terrorist cell against the leadership of The Outfit. It is believed that the Russian gang may not be aware that their cooperation with the al-Qaeda organization may also include nuclear devices, which may have catastrophic implications to their vision of controlling the territory belonging to The Outfit.
All information has been provided to the FBI, and the FBI has assigned you as their lead planner. You are provided with the additional guidance that the mission parameter dates are from 1 June through 6 July 201X. You were also provided guidance as to the mission: conduct counterterrorist operations in the vicinity of Tucson, AZ to apprehend and destroy terrorist cells infiltrating the United States. Also, conduct counterterrorist operations in the area of Chicago, IL to apprehend and destroy terrorist cells that may have already infiltrated into that area.
The Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) Teams Delta 1 and 2 are assigned to the missions, respectively. Both teams are composed of FBI, HLS, Department of Defense, NSA, DEA, and local law enforcement with a total body count of 45 each.
Prepare the outline of your Strategic Operational Plan Proposal (SOPP) based on the scenario given and the SOPP template provided. Click here for guidance in using the correct APA sequence for this assignment. There are segments of the SOPP that the scenario does not have information for, and it is your responsibility to research what the best assumptions are and identify them as such. Complete Sections I–III using research previously conducted in the first 3 phases as well as the scenario information. You must also provide the strategies that you recommend for countering the identified threats (entry points in Mexico as well as possible targets in Chicago).