Please go over the assignment instructions in the first file
Setting Up Personal Goals
This week, you will interview a professional nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) who could be a mentor to you.
Interview a professional nurse with a BSN who could be a mentor to you and who exemplifies the type of nurse you want to become.
Write a 1- to 2-page interview report. In your report, include the following:
•Identify and describe the attributes that make this nurse a role model for you.
•Explain the beliefs, values, attitudes, and philosophies this nurse demonstrates and relate it to your long-term goals.
•Describe the role of the nurse based on beliefs, values, attitudes, and philosophies.
Support your responses with examples from the readings or articles from the South University Online Library.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
1. Described the attributes that make the identified BSN nurse a role model.
2. Analyzed, explained, and provided reasons on whether the beliefs, values, attitudes, and philosophies this nurse demonstrates relate to your long-term goals.
3. Described the role of the nurse based on beliefs, values, attitudes, and philosophies.
Here are the APA Format Requirements:
1. Running head- Page 1. The running head should be flush left on all pages. On page one it should be typed in the following way (The words Running head are used) :
Running head: NAME OF ASSIGNMENT
Page 2 and following the running head should be typed not using the words, “Running head.” The following is how the running head should be typed:
NAME OF ASSIGNMENT
2. Paragraph indentions should be 5-7 spaces. Margins should be 1″ on all sides. APA papers are doubled spaced.
3. A title is required on page 2. The title is not bolded. Do not use the word, “Introduction.” The title should be the same as the running head.
4. Headings should identify required key points. Level 1 headings are centered and bolded. Level 1 headings identify the topic to be discussed. Level 2 headings are flush left and bolded. Level 2 headings discuss subtopics under the Level 1 topic. If you use Level 2 headings there must be at least two. Review Levels of Headings on page 62-63 on APA 6th Edition
5. Retrieval dates in references are not used in APA 6th Edition
6. First person should not be used unless permission is given. Use, “The writer, the author, or make a statement like, “According to the Webster Dictionary a better choice of words would be. . .
7. An introduction is required. An introduction should identify the key points to be discussed. This information can be found in the instructions and grading rubric. The last couple of sentences should state something like, “The author will discuss. . . .
8. A conclusion is required A conclusion is required to summarize the key points that were discussed. No new information should be discussed in the conclusion.
9. All references are required to be cited within the text and all citations are required to be referenced on the Reference Page.
10. Websites should not be blue in color. Right click on the website and select, “remove hyperlink” and the blue color will disappear.
Each Question 100 word minimun
1. Pierre, a college student, seriously burned his arm with hot grease while working in a fast-food establishment. Examination of the burn shows that on the back of his hand, the epidermis and part of the dermis have been damaged. However, on the back of his forearm, both the dermis and epidermis have been completely destroyed. How would these two burns be classified? About what percentage of his skin surface has been burned? Which of the burned areas would be the most painful at first? What would be the prognosis for repair of the two burned areas? What loss of function would occur in the area of a third-degree burn?
2.Some individuals who are depressed have an abnormally small amount of the neurotransmitter serotonin at certain synapses in the brain. One category of antidepressant drugs is called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Can you deduce what action this drug has at a synapse to increase the amount of serotonin present in the synaptic cleft? Another type of antidepressant inhibits the enzymes that naturally break down serotonin at the synaptic cleft. Can you explain how this might reduce the symptoms of depression?
3.Outline the flow of blood through the heart. Explain the function of valves as you proceed. What are the possible causes of blocked coronary arteries? What could result if the condition is not treated? How can a coronary blockage be treated? Please perform some research using the LIRN Library (diagrams or articles) to supplement the material that you have learned in the textbook.
4.Low carbohydrate diets have been very popular recently. Many people today are going on variations of the high-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. Describe what happens in the body when only proteins and fat are ingested but carbohydrates are excluded. Do you think diets that are high in proteins and fat healthy weight-loss alternatives? Why or why not?
5.Changes in electrolytes or amount of fluid in the ICF or ECF affect every system in the body. Sometimes chemicals or infectious organisms can result in extreme irritation of the cells lining the large intestine. In response to this irritation, these cells may secrete sodium into the large intestine. Describe the changes that would occur in the ICF if sodium was excreted from the intestinal lining into the large intestine. How would the decreased sodium and water in the IF affect blood plasma? How would this change affect arterial blood pressure? How would the ICF in the cells lining the large intestine be restored to their original state?
6.There are several theories about the mechanisms behind the aging process. Explain each of these theories. Which do you think is the most accurate theory? Defend your answer
Program planners and evaluators need a basic understanding of economic evaluation. In addition, they may be faced with certain ethical issues. Interview your local healthcare professionals and evaluators. Based on your interactions, provide responses to the following:
- Analyze and select two types of economic evaluations. Compare the two evaluations, in relation to the factors that may affect the decision to conduct each of the economic evaluations.
- Describe at least two potential ethical and social issues related to program implementation.
- Explain the approach(s) you might take to address these ethical issues.
P U 505 Unit 6 Assignment Instructions H ea l t h B e h a v i o r In Unit 4, you completed an Assignment where you identified goals and objectives for a proposed health intervention, project, or program for your chosen health issue which is OBESITY.
For this Assignment, you will build upon your previous work by reflecting on your goals and objectives as they relate to diversity and multiculturalism within your profession.
This Assignment has two parts, both of which should be addressed within this paper. You will begin this Assignment by providing a 2-page analysis assessing the significance of diversity and multicultural perspectives within public health and health education fields. Please identify why it is important to consider multiple perspectives before beginning an intervention.
The second part of the Assignment is to reflect upon the goals and objectives you created in Unit 4. As they are written, could they be applied to a diverse or multicultural population? How would they need to change to be culturally sensitive or inclusive?
Conclude this Assignment with a short discussion on strategies to implement these changes.
Requirements • Provide proper APA style citation and referencing for all sources used to develop goals and objectives.
I have attached my previous unit 4 Assignment below
Option A: Art in Your Community
Experience the arts in your local community by attending a performance, or visiting an art museum or gallery.
If you go to an art museum or gallery, choose an exhibition or one artwork to discuss for this assignment.
Write a review of your arts experience that includes a defense of the arts. Include the following:
- Write a description of the elements of composition: line, color, shape, or movement, theme, rhythm, tone, and so forth that were incorporated into the performance or artwork.
- What was the overall emotional and intellectual effect the performance or artwork had on you? What emotions did you feel? Of what did the experience make you think?
- Write a summary of how you would like to see the arts made more a part of your community. Is there anything you can do to make this happen? How will you support the arts in the future?
- Include a defense of the arts that describes how the arts add value to life. How might creative expression be helpful to people?
Submit your assignment in one (1) of the following formats using the Assignment Files tab:
- A 750- to 1,050-word paper (Use APA Formatting: Title Page, Double Spaced, Size 12 Font, Reference Page)
BUS 308 Statistics Week 3 Assignment
Complete the problems included in the resources below and submit your work in an Excel Document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set and the Week 3 assignment sheet.