I need help with a Writing question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Subcultures and Countercultures in the United States
This assignment helps you to explore the connections between culture, subcultures, and counterculture in society and identify ways they interact.
A one-page essay (250-word).
Remember to use you APA manual as you write and cite your work. As you get started, I’ll answer any questions that arise, or point you to our tech support forum for more technical questions. I look forward to working with you this semester!
Below I further explained APA and the requirements for discussions and papers. Attendance is very important and communication, my goal is to see each of you graduate.
Late Work Policy: 10% for first week: 20% for anything later.
Make sure you are using APA Format for your Assignments. Please see below:
- Type your essay on a standard-sized paper (8.5 x 11) and make1-inch margins on all sides.
- Papers should be double-spaced.
- Use a readable serif font 12p. APA manual recommends Times New Roman.
- Type page numbers flush right.
- There are no official recommendations concerning APA essay outline so it’s up to you how to organize it.
- Keep your paper clear and concise. Avoid adding fluff and unnecessary details.
- Use the first personwhen discussing your research steps (“I examined…”).
- Use active voice, especially in experimental reports (“I interviewed…”).
- Be careful in word choice when selecting a specific term to avoid bias.
- Use plain languageand avoid poetic expressions and figurative language, like analogies, metaphors, and similes unless they help communicate complex ideas.
If you have a good example, creating your own piece of writing is not hard.
Start your essays with an engaging introduction where you present your thesis.
Argue your key points in the main body and support them with appropriate evidence and relevant quotes from authoritative sources (use quotes sparingly).
Write a powerful conclusion and include references list to avoid plagiarism.
When you quote or paraphrase somebody’s words, it important to properly format in-text citations to provide credit to the author. They include the name of the author and the year when a source was published.
Write an essay answering the following questions:
Think of an example of a subculture and a counterculture in the US. Your examples can be current or from history.
- What qualifies your subculture example as subculture instead of counterculture? For your example of a counterculture, what makes your choice different from a subculture?
- What makes you think your groups are any different from mainstream culture? Could you use any specific examples, such as norms, values, or symbols? Justify your position.
Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place, and submit a copy to your instructor using the “Submit Assignment” button.