I’m studying and need help with a Writing question to help me learn.
The primary purpose of this assignment is for you to think about and work with statistical concepts. However, it is important after you complete your writing that you take the time to review and edit it for coherence, completeness, and grammar as your team members and the grader will both need to read and understand what you are saying. Using a grammar and spelling program such as Grammarly is highly recommended, as excessive grammar errors and incoherent writing will lower your grade.
For this assignment document complete the assignment in the order presented below and organize the document to look file i uploaded
- Find an article about the pandemic that uses statistical analysis as part of the story. The article must be from a credible source and in English. You must also be able to identify the data and method used for the statistical analysis either within the article or through links or citations you can follow to the original analysis. You will then complete the following four steps to review the use of statistics in the article. Using a source that is not credible does not meet the assignment requirements. Using a source that is only presenting statistics that are not part of an article does not meet the assignment requirements.
- Review the article, then provide general information on the article and the source of the data and statistics being used, including
- Title of the article,
- Where it was published – name of the publication
- Where it was published – publication URL
- Source of the statistical analysis
- Source for the data collection
- URL for detail on the data
- URL for any additional data sources used.
- Identify and document the claim(s) the article is making with the data and statistics
- Identify and document the following key elements of statistics presented:
- Is the article presenting/discussing descriptive or inferential statistics or both? How do you know the answer to this?
- Is the article using univariate, and/or multivariate data? Provide examples to support your answer with any explanation needed.
- Is the data used categorical or numerical data? Explain how you know the answer.
- The sample size
- The sampling method/approach
- The population size, and how it was determined and framed
- After looking at the data and statistics in more detail identify and document at least 5 concerns or strengths you think the data and statistics have