I’m working on a Communications question and need guidance to help me study.
Turn the Passive Voice Sentences into Active Voice and the turn the Active Voice Sentences Passive.
Passive voice: Employees are encouraged by the company to participate in volunteer programs.
Active Voice: The company encourages employees to participate in volunteer programs.
- The digital camera was introduced by Kodak back in 1996.
- Digital imaging was not ignored by Kodak executives, but it was not taken seriously.
- Every new Ford vehicle is transported from the factory floor to the dealer’s lot by UPS.
- Repair of your computer cannot be authorized because the warranty period has expired.
- An all-Hispanic supermercado was built in Houston by the giant grocer Kroger.
Now convert the following active voice verbs to passive voice verbs. Notice how you can de-emphasize the doer if desired.
Active Voice: We accept returned merchandise only when customers provide a sales receipt.
Passive Voice: Returned merchandise is accepted only when a sales receipt is provided.
- We cannot give you a cash refund for merchandise that you purchased 90 or more days ago.
- St. Elizabeth’s Hospital does not admit patients who are uninsured.
- Jeremy Jones made a significant costing error in the distributed annual receipt.
- Our company provides cafe-style restaurants for employees in corporate buildings.
- General Dynamics established interoffice shuttles to improve its transportation system.
ORIGINAL WORK ONLY PLEASE.