Task Response Part 1:
Senior leadership at Matrix has requested a progress update from you regarding the research that you have conducted thus far on a new performance appraisal system for the organization. It must be in an outline format but detailed enough to ensure that senior leadership is satisfied with your knowledge base thus far. Think critically about all that you have learned over the past 3 weeks, and develop what will be called the Outline of your Key Assignment first draft.
Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment draft that you will complete next week.
Task Response Part 2: 1,000-1,200 words APA format with citations and references
You have completed the outline for your Key Assignment (KA) and have received important feedback. You have done a great job on this outline, but you know that you need to integrate this feedback into a formal document requested by senior leadership at Matrix. Your supervisor, Annalise, has told you that this document will be your Key Assignment first draft.
The first guidance that she provides you with is to critically evaluate the feedback that you received and address issues such as the following:
- Address any considerations or feedback regarding your outline for your KA. For example, were there any critical components that were missed in the outline?
- Make grammatical and formatting corrections and address any APA issues.
- Ensure that there are numerous scholarly references.
The second guidance that she provides you with is to ensure that you include information from the past 3 weeks/assignments regarding performance appraisal processes, performance appraisal types, and training needs into your Key Assignment first draft.
The third guidance that she provides you with is to continue with your research and within the Key Assignment first draft to also include the following newly researched information:
- Compare and contrast different motivational theories.
- Explain why motivation is a main concern during the performance appraisal process and how motivational levels can be impacted by this process.
- Evaluate correlations between motivation and the ability to perform.
- Identify strategies that can be used at Matrix for improving individual performance and how can these strategies reduce negative reactions to the performance appraisal process.