I’m studying for my Powerpoint class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
At the end of SPCH 219, it is important to take stock of where we are as individuals in our public speaking journey. To assess our current level of knowledge about public speaking and presentation at the end of the course, you will create a narrated slideshow for your Self-Assessment and Reflection assignment.
Create a narrated slideshow (your voice recorded over slides) at the end of your SPCH 219 experience. This narrated slideshow will focus on assessing your public speaking and presentation skills at the end of the course as well as reflecting upon all that you have learned.
Create an introduction, body, and conclusion based upon what you’ve learned about strong, effective presentation content. Your narrated slideshow should address the following:
- Now that you’ve developed many kinds of speeches in the SPCH 219 course, what is your comfort level with presenting in the 21st century? Describe your level of public speaking anxiety.
- Do you prefer public speaking in more traditional, in-person environments, or do you enjoy the technology-driven presentations of the 21st century? Why do you think it will be important for you to be able to do both successfully?
- Describe the way you now approach preparing for a presentation. What have you learned about preparing for a speech based on the presentation ecosystem?
- Discuss your thoughts on the three elements of the presentation ecosystem. Which piece or pieces are you most comfortable with? Which piece or pieces will need additional practice in the future?
- What are the top 3 most important lessons you learned from your experience in SPCH 219?