For this task, you are asked to complete the following:
First, describe recycling and waste management services in your area for both your home and place of employment. Then, research waste management/recycling facilities in your area.
In researching such facilities in your area, you must provide the following information:
- website (if available)
- company name (or jurisdiction name if it is a public facility),
- information on how to tour the facility if it exists.
You must provide this information for 2 facilities.
Possible locations to research include:
- Material Recovery Facilities (MRF’s)
- organic waste collection and processing facilities
- Waste-to-Energy faclities
- recycled material production facilities (similar to CarbonLite plastic processing from a previous week’s video).
For this task, you must research examples of these facilities (at least 2) from your area (or at least within 200 miles).
Your description of recycling/waste management services for your home and work should be 1 to 2 paragraphs in length. For your facility descriptions, each should be about a paragraph or two in length as well. Please list a reference for each facility and information from the website or interview if you called in to the facility. In total, your submission should be between 3 to 6 paragraphs.