- Select a local elementary, middle, high school, or college.
- Visit the school to evaluate its physical security (soft/hard target).
- Collect information on the types of security used.
- What types of crimes is the school susceptible to?
- Provide statistics on the crimes that have occurred in the past year (most current data)? (MDPSP or college data)
- What policies are in place to protect students and faculty?
- What recommendations would you make to improve the security of the facility?
- Length: 10 to 15 slides (excluding the cover slide and the reference slide).
- Be sure not to overcrowd your slides with information.
- Be thorough, but also be concise.
- Use bullet points to highlight main points.
- If you use graphics, be sure to condense them, so your presentation is not too large.
- Sometimes too many photographs will not allow your PPT to upload.
Mechanics: PowerPoint does not require that you write full sentences or paragraphs; in fact, this will detract from your presentation; however, your ideas must flow logically and your points should be presented in a consistent format. Check your spelling and use standard American English.
You should consult at least three SCHOLARLY sources in preparing your presentation. Your last slide should be a References slide following APA format.
Must be saved as a ppt or pptx format and submitted through SafeAssign.