You will produce a report that critically assesses and evaluates your company’s leadership and management culture,
worldview and leadership styles in the context of leadership theory and critically assesses and evaluates your
personal leadership using Seven Leadership Mind-sets Theory (vMEME) (2400) words.
You will produce a written report of 2400 words (+/- 10%) that critically assesses and evaluates your personal
leadership using Seven Leadership Mindsets Theory (vMEME) and all the types of leadership approaches and styles
it contains. You need to highlight strong theoretical knowledge and application to your own and other organisational
Critically analyse leadership problems and challenges within your or case example organisational utilising critical
evaluation and application of appropriate theory.
1. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership / management styles differ depending on history, culture,
geographic life and conditions drawing on your organisation and other mini-case examples. Ensure that the
culture is critically defined, examples are given and also produce a ‘cultural snapshot’ –thematic poster /
picture linking to the Seven Leadership Mind Sets. Attach this as an appendices item and ensure it is fully
2. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles impact on people performance
productivity. Ensure concrete examples of impacts are discussed and applied to self and that of your team.
3. Critically evaluate how certain types of leadership/management styles determine who will ‘follow and how’
they will follow. Demonstrate with actual or potential scenarios relative to yourself and your team/ colleagues
and the strategic direction of your organisation.
4. Critically evaluate your personal leadership capabilities using the Seven Leadership Mind-sets theory and
critically analyse the need for your future professional development by identifying the strategic direction of
your organisation, the sector and potential job roles. Attach to the assignment a written one page (font size
12) personal statement for an ideal job in your sector drawing on the seven leadership mind set theory and
your strengths. Make sure the Job specification is given. Use the STAR Acronym to help structure answers to
competence and requirements. E.G Situation, Task, Action and Results.
5. Specific conclusion: Having studied the seven mindset-thinking systems, critically reflect and conclude what
the definition of an effective leader should be. Critically discuss if you view of leadership has evolved or if it
has stayed the same. Make recommendations for your own development and that of the organisation to
address your vision of what leadership is. Draw on evidence from across the main areas within your
Instruction on structure
Introduction to assignment purpose and your organisation / sector that you will explore.
There is no literature review in the sense of having a separate theory section, you have to integrate the seven
mindset thinking systems theory, and any related theories e.g. emotional intelligence or six sigma approaches, with
the personal leadership styles within your own organisation into the specific questions (1, 2 3 and 4) and the answers
This assignment can be divided into four equally weighted main body sections. With a very specific conclusion ad
1. Create insight into your leadership style by answering questions about your organisational / personal
leadership inside your organisation from a leadership and cultural perspective.
2. Assess the impact on people performance and potential improvements.
3. Using the theory consider the notion of who will follow and how they will follow.
4. Analyse your own leadership and others within your organisation produce an assessment / reflection
assessing your leadership capabilities and generate a personal job application statement.
Conclusion / Recommendations. Discuss how your understanding of ‘leadership’ has evolved as a result of the
readings given in this unit. Make recommendations for your own development and that of the organisation to
address your vision of what leadership is. Draw on evidence from across the main areas within your conclusion.
These form specific conclusion and recommendations: It is advised that you need to draw on evidence from other
sections and do not introduce new theory or concepts at this stage.
References- Harvard style and in alphabetical order.
Appendices-Numbered and ensure reference to this is made in the main body of the report.