Can you help me understand this English question?
Follow the steps below to complete this assignment.
1.Read the following article: https://cis.org/Oped/Case-Against-Immigration (Links to an external site.)
2.Answer the questions on this handout. Answers should be in complete sentences, contain thorough but concise ideas, demonstrate your understanding of the article/your critical thinking, and be no fewer than 3 sentences for each answer.
Follow the steps below for this assignment. Answer each of the questions in #2 in complete sentences. Your answer should consist of at least 5 sentences.
1. Read the following article.
2. What is Kristof’s main argument? How does it support this argument? Is it convincing? Why or why not? How does it differ from Beck’s argument?
Roy Beck :
Follow the steps below for this assignment. Your answers should be in complete sentences and consist of no fewer than two sentences each.
1 ) In his video, Beck claims that the United States has taken in an average of 1 million legal immigrants since 1990. Verify this claim with this website (See Table 1): https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/yearbook/2015 (Links to an external site.)
He also claims that we take immigrants from “desperately poor countries/regions”. Verify his claim here: https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-statistics/yearbook/2015/table3 (Links to an external site.)
And here (Choose the year 2015 and click on Table 3): https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html (Links to an external site.)
Explore his claims about the World Bank’s data on poverty here: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/poverty (Links to an external site.)
2) Then, answer these two questions: Are his claims true? Why are these reliable websites?
3) Read the following NYT article. How does Beck respond to critics who call his ideas xenophobic? https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/us/politics/roy-h-beck-quietly-leads-a-grass-roots-army.html (Links to an external site.)
4) How do you think Beck would respond to this article? Does this article support or refute his ideas? Why? https://news.un.org/en/story/2017/06/559472-sharp-increase-money-migrants-send-home-lifts-millions-out-poverty-un-report#.WULHkFXyuUm