This assignment has two parts:
- Hands-on lab
- Course project
Part I—Hands-on Lab
- Create a new Microsoft Access database named DryCleaning.
Note that Microsoft Access does not support the use of SQL scripts to create databases. In a Microsoft Word document, type the SQL script that you would use to create the database.
- Add a table named Customers. In Microsoft Word, type the SQL script that you would use to create the table. Include the following fields:
- CustomerNumber (AutoNumber, Primary Key, required)
- FirstName (Text(25), required)
- LastName (Text(25), required)
- Phone (Text(12), required)
- Email (Text(100))
- Add a table named Invoice. In Microsoft Word, type the SQL script that you would use to create the table. Include the following fields:
- InvoiceNumber (Number-Long Integer, required, Primary Key)
- CustomerNumber (Foreign Key, Number-Long Integer, Required)
- DateIn (Date/time, required)
- DateOut (Date/time)
- TotalAmount (Currency)
- Add a table named Invoice_Item. In Microsoft Word, type the SQL script that you would use to create the table. Include the following fields:
- ItemNumber (AutoNumber, Primary Key, required)
- InvoiceNumber (Foreign Key,Number-LongInteger, required)
- Item (Text(50), required)
- Quantity (Number-Long integer, required)
- UnitPrice (Currency, required)
- Write INSERT statements to add the data provided to the tables. Click here to download the data that needs to be added.
- In one Word document (SU_ITS3102_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.docx), paste the SQL statement to meet the following criteria. Put a title above each as stated and save each query with the title name. You will add needed documentation from Part II to this document.
- List the phone and last name of all the customers. Titled this 01CustomerPhone-LastName
- List the phone and last name of all the customers with the first name “Nikki.” Titled this 02NikkiPhoneLastName
- List the phone, first name, and last name of all the customers having phone numbers with “2” and “3” as the second and third numbers, respectively. Titled this 03PhoneWith?23.
- Determine the maximum and minimum total amount. Save As 04AverageTotalAmount.
- Show the first and last names of all the customers who have had an order with total amount greater than $100.00. Use a subquery and present the results first sorted by last names in the ascending order and then by first names in the descending order. Titled this 05CustomersTotalAmountGreaterThan100.
- From the Customers table, concatenate each customer’s last name and first name by using the comma-space-delimited technique; name the virtual column as “Full Name.” Titled this 06CustomerLastFirstNamesConcantenated.
- Use a subquery to show the first and last name of all the customers who have had an order with an item named “Dress Shirt”. Present the results first sorted by last name in the ascending order (Titled this 07FirstLastNamesDressShirtSortedLastName) and then by first name in the descending order. Titled this 08FirstLastNamesDressShirtSortedFirstNameDescending.
- Use a join with a subquery to show the first name, last name, and total amount of all the customers who have had an order with an item named “Dress Shirt”. Present the results first sorted by last name in the ascending order (Titled this 09FirstLastNamesDressShirtSortedLastNameWithTotal) and then by first name in the descending order. Titled this 10FirstLastNamesDressShirtSortedFirstNameDescending
- Calculate the average total amount. Titled this 11AverageTotalAmount.
Part II—Course Project
Course Project Part 5—Final Submission
Continuing the project you have worked on in Weeks 1–4, in this final week, complete the following tasks:
- Refine your database and SQL statements by incorporating your instructor’s feedback.
- Verify that the database completely follows the business logic and design you created in the previous weeks.
- Create queries using your new database to demonstrate that the data is useful and meaningful.
- Submit the final database and database scripts to the instructor for testing and installation.
After you complete the lab and course project, collate the information from both in a Microsoft Word document.
- Name your document SU_ITS3102_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Name your Dry Cleaning database U_ITS3102_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_DryCleaning.accdb.
- Name your course project database SU_ITS3102_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_Final.accdb.
- Submit your Microsoft Word document and Microsoft Access databases to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.