Research job boards for project manager positions. Take note of the various industries that hire project managers. Then, research statistics from the project management institute on the rate of success of projects in different industries including IT.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explain project management as a discipline.
- Describe the industries in which project managers are in high demand. Provide evidence to support your response.
- Describe the general role of a project manager, and explain the primary ways in which it differs across different industries.
- Compare the rate of success of projects in IT and other industries. Explain the discrepancy or lack thereof.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the foundations of project management, including its definition, scope, and the need for project management in the modern organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems and technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Technology Project Management topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Develop a complete information systems project plan using project management software tools
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.