Prisoner Reentry into the Community
Most inmates return to the community at some point. It is in the best interest of the community that the ex-offender be able reestablish himself and be a contributing member of society, however; how successful their reentry is and how long it lasts depends on a variety of factors.
Using your text and at least one of the following sources, describe some of the risks and problems associated with offender reentry into the community. Can these problems be anticipated and planned for? What can the corrections system do to help prepare the offender for reentry? What can the community do to help the newly released inmate smoothly transition back into society?
For reference material use at least your text and one or more of the following sources. Remember to identify passages in your essay where you are quoting, paraphrasing, or summarizing as well as the source you are using.
· Justice Department of United States Government
· Department of Homeland Security
· National Institute of Justice
· National Criminal Justice Reference Services
· Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Your paper must be formatted in the following manner:
· The paper must be 500-750 words in length. Only the body of the paper counts towards the length. No information that belongs on a title page or reference page will count towards the length requirement.
· Use Times New Roman 12 point font, and double-space your lines.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here.