I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Before beginning this assignment, read the following five 10-minute plays on pp. 1061-1083 of your Compact Literature textbook: What Are You Going to Be?, Beauty, Magic 8 Ball, Applicant, and Zombie Love. Choose only one play to use in your response.
Prompt: Choose a character from one of the 10-minute plays listed above. In one or two well-developed paragraphs, write a character analysis, explaining the person’s actions, emotions, conflicts, and motivations. Include examples and at least one quotation from the play as supporting evidence.
Refresher on Character
A reader or viewer of a play can learn about a character in a number of ways.
- Dialogue/monologue – How do the words the character says reveal information about who he/she is? Does the character have a noticeable speech pattern? Does the character’s use of language reveal his/her emotional state? What is revealed through what others say about the character?
- Action – What is shown through the character’s actions or lack of action?
- Stage directions/movement/props – What is revealed through the character’s placement on the stage, movements, and use of props?
- Relationships/interactions – What is understood about the character through relationships and interactions with other characters?
- Development – Does the character grow and change during the play, or is the character static and unchanged? How developed or round is the character?
- Role – Is this character the narrator? If so, is he/she reliable or unreliable?
NO PLAGIARISM AT ALL!!!! Do not depend on grammarly it is inaccurate!