Describe the nuances of affirmative action programs.
You are a business advisor that has contracted with a growing technology company. The small, private organization has experienced huge success in the past year, and it is now hoping to attract and retain additional talent, with the greater goal of expanding to India. As an initial step, the company needs to confirm that its hiring practices agree with applicable affirmative action requirements. The company is seeking your guidancB237/PLA2476 Section 01 Employment Lawe regarding U.S. affirmative action standards and those that may be pertinent in its new location. The organization is specifically requesting information regarding both U.S. affirmative action policies and those recognized in India. It is still in the brainstorming stages regarding its global presence, and these details will be utilized in the overall planning process.
As it is a non-government organization, you have determined that an official affirmative action plan is voluntary under U.S. laws. With that said, the organization’s compliance with Title VII and other Equal Opportunity laws is mandatory, and you will need to conduct research to obtain credible information that addresses these legal requirements.
Regarding its prospective emergence in India, please review the essay titled Divergent Perspectives and Differing Logics: Making the Case for Affirmative Action in India. The piece address affirmative action/equality efforts in India, with particular consideration of the caste system (a socio-economic structure in which class and status are determined by birth). This article and its content should be incorporated into your work.
The company has asked you to present a 3-4 page business report of your recommendations, which the organization will use to create an affirmative action plan for both the U.S. and India divisions. Your assessment should reflect strong analysis and should elaborate on the following items:
- Laws and regulations related to affirmative action in India (as addressed in the Rout article).
- U.S. laws and regulations that may be relevant or significant to the topic of affirmative action.
- Based on your findings, similarities and/or distinctions regarding affirmative action in the U.S. and India.
- Procedures the company can implement to ensure full compliance with legal standards in both the U.S. and India. How can it ensure that the organization satisfies Title VII and other Equal Opportunity laws in the U.S.? Likewise, what can it do to guarantee full adherence to India’s laws and policies?
- Further information that the company can utilize going forward. What are some helpful resources that the company may routinely use to research affirmative action requirements and other equal opportunity guidelines?
Be sure to include in-text citations and a reference page according to APA guidelines.