Parking Issue at the American University of Sharjah
We are going to write a Proposal about Parking issue at the American University of Sharjah (www.aus.edu). Assume that you, as a student at AUS, have been asked to write a proposal recommending a solution to the parking issue at AUS.
Write a proposal to the Chancellor of the American University of Sharjah proposing a solution to the parking issue on the AUS campus.
This is a Solicited Proposal meaning the problem is already known by everyone at AUS therefore the main focus of the paper should be on Giving solutions to the problem.
First let me explain to you the location of different parkings on the campus and how far they are apart from colleges.
In Total there are 2 kinds of parkings available on the campus: 1. Paid Parking (Has shade) and 2. Free Parking (No Shade). Paid parkings are located exactly adjacent to different colleges of the university so people can park their cars their and go to their classes. But Free parkings are located on the West and East corner of the University campus and they are pretty far from the colleges so people have to walk a long distance to reach their classes.
In terms of the Number of Parking Spaces, Free parkings have much bigger space than paid parkings. the paid parkings are limited to maximum 70 to 100 cars.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
In recent years, the rapid growth of students at the American University of Sharjah has resulted in demanding more parking spaces for both students who are living outside as well as the faculty and staff who are living on campus. (((The existing dedicated parking spaces are not adequate enough and therefore raise a lot of problems and difficulties for daily commuters to the AUS campus.)))
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
The purpose of this proposal is to offer some possibilities and solutions to the chancellor of the American University of Sharjah in order to solve the parking issue on campus.
The main research will focus on student and faculty survey designed to discover different attitudes towards the issue and whether the issue of the parking space is problematic for them or not. With regard to the results and findings of surveys, the solutions and recommendations will be provided.
I have come up with 3 solutions but you can aID as many solutions as you think logical to the proposal EXCEPT BUILDING MULTISTORY PARKING SPACES on campus because that is already rejected by the chancellor due to the limited budget they have. SO WE NEED TO COME UP WITH SOLUTIONS THAT SOLVE THE EXISTING PROBLEMS.
SOLUTIONS (So Far):
1. AID frequent shuttle buses from free parkings to all the colleges so people can reach their classes faster.
2. AID Sensors in the existing parking spaces that show how many parking spaces are left in that specific parking so people will not waste time going to the parking lots and search for free parking space. (In some malls they are using this kind of system)
3. Another solution is that people can come with their friends that are on the same rout to the university.
4. Please aID as many solutions as you wish (Logical Solutions)
THE STRUCTURE OF THE PROPOSAL:
1. Introducing the Issue (1 Page at least) (Assume the reader does not know anything about it â€“ State what the problem is and how it impacts the students: Late for classes, Disrupt the Class, Some Professors do not believe students excuses because they couldn’t find a free parking space so they had to ark in free parkings and walk a long distance to reach their class , . )
â€“ Let’s assume that we already took surveys from different students throughout the university and asked them about the parking issue and most of them replied that they have a lot of problem finding parking spaces on the peak hours throughout the day. So please include that in the paper. Make it looks like it is a valid paper.
2. The Actual Proposal (3 Pages) â€“ what is your idea of solving the problem, Give Solutions. Give the reader Information. How practical are your solutions ? and
_You are free to use any kinds resources to find solutions for such a problem like this. (Please include the resources APA style at the end of the paper)
3. (Last 2 pages) Explicitly emphasize the BENEFIT OF YOUR SOLUTIONS to the person who receives the proposal, Not only the receiver but EVERYONE! you have to PERSUADE THEM THAT YOUR SOLUTIONS ARE VALID, LOGICAL AND WORKABLE.
Please No Plagiarism!