1.A ____________ is a component of the project management plan that describes how project communications will be planned, structured, implemented, and monitored.
2. A ____________ is a component of the project management plan that describes how project communications will be planned, structured, implemented, and monitored.
3. There are key two parts to successful project communication. The first is developing an appropriate communication strategy based on both the needs of the project and its stakeholders, and the second is ensuring appropriate messages are communicated to stakeholders in appropriate formats and means.
4. Which of the following is not a way to classify stakeholder engagement levels, according to PMBOK?
5. When classifying stakeholder engagement levels, a project manager should consider each stakeholder’s current and desired levels of engagement.
6. A ______________ is is a component of the project management plan that identifies the strategies and actions required to promote productive involvement of stakeholders in project decision making and execution.
7. __________ is the art and science of identifying, analyzing, and responding to risks throughout the life of a project and in the best interests of meeting project objectives.
8. __________ involves understanding potential problems that might occur in the project and how they might impede project success.
9. _________ includes the processes necessary to purchase or acquire products, services, or results needed from outside the project team.
10. A contract should clearly state the deliverables and the results expected because anything not in the contract cannot be legally forced.
11. It is not necessary to formally close a project.
12. The _____________ suggests that leadership traits are innate, not learned.
13. Management involves the use of influence to motivate individuals to accomplish some goal.
14. According to Goleman, truly effective leaders are distinguished by a high degree of _________________.
15. The behavior theory of leadership suggests that an effective leader is made through the understanding of their own behavior, their subordinates’ behavior, and the situation at hand.
16. What might happen if a project manager doesn’t formally close the project?
17. According to Roeder, project managers can categorize difficult stakeholders as those whose support is a “must have” and those whose support is “nice to have”.
18. Just because a project manager communicates something doesn’t mean it gets to the intended audience correctly.
19. ___________ involves ensuring the information needs of the project and its stakeholders are met throughout the project and determining if the communication strategies have had the desired effect of increasing or maintaining stakeholders’ support for the project deliverables and outcomes.
20. Project managers can combat communication issues by…
21. In 250 words, describe Kassel’s 9 Steps to Project Planning. Outline each step and describe your understanding through application and examples.
22. How can project managers be effective leaders when managing their project? Explain using course content in 250 words.