I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Assignment: Assess your Development as an Ally
As a social worker, you are both an ally for your clients and individual in need of allies in your work. For this assignment, prepare a written assessment that addresses the following elements:
- Describe your self-identity.
- Determine two examples in which your self-identity has provided you with privileges.
- Then, explain two examples in which your self-identity has led to your oppression.
- Consider which ally attributes you have or are currently working to achieve. Identify and explain an example from social work practice to illustrate a challenge to acting as an ally in practice.
- Address barriers in your life and practice to acting as an ally (e.g. fear, internalized racism or bigotry, lack of skill, courage, or institutional support). Recommend advocacy approaches to ensure human rights to overcome these barriers.
Support your assignment with at least three scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages
Your assignment should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.