I need support with this Nursing question so I can learn better.
Choose one of the assignments below and post your answers or ‘editorial’ in this forum.
- Select an article from the mass media (newspaper) that deals with an “environmental” health issue. Analyze and critique the article by answering the following questions:
- What are the characteristics of the community involved?
- What appears to be the sources of the problem?
- What evidence is provided in the article to substantiate the cause?
- Does the news coverage describe health effects?
- What population is at risk?
- Does the coverage provide adequate information for consumers to understand the problem and seek any needed assistance?
- How would you improve this article for better public awareness?
- Identify an environmental health problem in your community.
- Familiarize yourself about this problem by interviewing or talking with experts in the area, reading recent literature and research reports, and searching the Internet for information about the problem.
- Contact your Senator or Congressperson who has been involved in legislation related to the problem and learn what he or she plans to do about it.
- Summarize what you have learned and present it in writing as a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.
- Share the letter in this Discussion Forum