I’m working on a nursing presentation and need support to help me study.
For this assignment, you will select a drug from the list below and create a PowerPoint Presentation. This presentation should be directed to educate colleagues on the chosen drug. The presentation should include information:
- Drug pharmacology, name brand, generic, dosing, indications for use, side effects, contraindications, pregnancy class.
- You will also perform a cost analysis of the drug.
Provide a patient case study on a patient in which you would utilize your drug of choice and information related to at least two evidenced-based studies related to the drug.
What is your role as a Nurse Practitioner with this patient and medication
- Presentation is original work and logically organized in current APA style including citation of references.
- Incorporate a minimum of 4 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
- PowerPoint presentation with 10-15 slides, excluding the title slide and the reference slide.
- The presentation is clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation, and misspelling.
- Speaker notes expanded upon and clarified content on the slides.
- Complete and submit by 11:59 PM ET Sunday.
- Late work policies, expectations regarding proper citations, acceptable means of responding to peer feedback, and other expectations are at the discretion of the instructor.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.
Presentation Rubric Presentation Rubric Criteria Ratings Pts Identification of Main Issues/Problems 4 ptsDistinguishedIdentify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues/problems.3 ptsExcellentIdentifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues/problems.2 ptsFairIdentifies and demonstrate an an acceptable understanding of most of issues/problems.1 ptsPoorIdentifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues/problems. / 4 pts Analysis and Evaluation of Issues/Probelms 4 ptsDistinguishedPresents an insightful, thorough analysis and evaluation of issues/problems.3 ptsExcellentPresents a thorough analysis and evaluation of most of the issues/problems.2 ptsFairPresents a superficial or incomplete analysis and evaluation of issues/problems.1 ptsPoorPresents unacceptable analysis and evaluation of issues/problems. / 4 pts Demonstrates a Conceptual Understanding 4 ptsDistinguishedProvides a thorough, competent and interpretive responses to all issues/problems, and shows a high level of conceptual understanding.3 ptsExcellentProvides a competent and interpretive responses to all issues/problems, and shows a moderate level of conceptual understanding.2 ptsFairProvides a competent responses to all issues/problems, but lacks interpretation and a moderate level of conceptual understanding.1 ptsPoorProvides an unacceptable response to all issues/problems, and lacks interpretation and a moderate level of conceptual understanding. / 4 pts Use of Citations to Course Readings and Additional Research/Literature 4 ptsDistinguishedEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing.3 ptsExcellentEffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing.2 ptsFairIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing.1 ptsPoorIneffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. / 4 pts Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines 4 ptsFull MarksDemonstrate a high level of clarity, precision, and attention to detail. APA style is correct and writing is free of grammar and spelling errors.3 ptsExcellentDemonstrate a high level of clarity. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.2 ptsFairDemonstrate a moderate level of clarity. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.1 ptsPoorDemonstrates issues in writing and communicating clearly. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention. / 4 pts Total Points: 0