This assignment is used to measure your mastery of MLO #2 and #4. This dropbox includes the blank template you will complete and submit for your grade. The student will conduct scholarly research on an assigned country, using the blank template provided in the assignment drop-box. The student will examine the healthcare delivery system and other critical aspects of the population and factors that impact health-related behavior including high-risk behaviors and mother/infant mortality and morbidity rates.
You are expected to thoroughly address each section on the research template, in your own words, based on professional & scholarly sources such as government and educational web sources, or professional journals.
Websites that require subscriptions and an article describing major healthcare delivery systems are provided in the dropbox, in addition to professional & scholarly sources that will assist the student to accomplish an in-depth understanding of this country.
NOTE: Blogs, websites expressing personal opinions, travel websites, and tourism materials are not appropriate sources. Students are encouraged to review The World Health Organization and The Commonwealth Fund for current information.
Please follow these steps to organize your approach:
1) Download One Country: Multi-cultural Factors Influence Health BLANK template to begin your assignment. Base all answers on the most prevalent practices in the country your instructor has approved for your assignment. You will find a link on the template to an article about four major models of healthcare delivery.
3) Use this shortcut to reach other scholarly sources: Trans-cultural Nursing tab of the BSN Library Guide. For sign-in purposes remember your SPC student number is your “Borrower ID” and the last four digits of your social security number are your “Password”.
4) Begin your research on the Global Road Warrior, a website that reviews 175 countries. You cannot “Google” your way into the Warrior – use the shortcut above! The Global Road Warrior website is linked (very bottom of that page, center column, in the box titled Selected Databases and Journal Articles. Notice additional links at your fingertips on the Trans-cultural Nursing page.
5) As you research your country it is important to think like a “global citizen.” As a starting point for global health issues in your country, this article provides an overview of five currently recognized global concerns. Please read this article by Edmonson, McCarthy, Trent-Adams, McCain, & Marshall (2017) about nurses and global health concerns.
6) Where appropriate on the template you will include statistical data presented by recognized international agencies. The CIA World Factbook is linked to the Trans-cultural Nursing tab (see #3) or via internet searches. View The World Health Organization and the Commonwealth Foundation as excellent sources of population data.