NO PLAGIARISM DUE MONDAY JUNE 10, 2019. ATTACHED ARE CHAPTERS TO ASSIST WITH ASSIGNMENT.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 3, 4, and 5 from Introduction to Juvenile Justice. It is also recommended that you review the upcoming Week 3 Final Paper Outline assignment along with your Week 5 Treatment Versus Punishment: That Is the Question! Final Paper instructions. An Annotated Bibliography (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. is a great way to organize your research and prepare you for completing the Final Paper Outline in Week 3 and your Final Paper in Week 5. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to find, summarize, and critique scholarly and/or credible sources that you will use to complete your Final Paper. You will also use the information gained from the required readings this week to complete this assignment.
The Final Paper requires you to identify resources that will support your argument of whether treatment, punishment, or a combination of both treatment and punishment are most effective in reducing juvenile crime rates and recidivism. Like the Final Paper due in Week 5, this assignment will focus on analyzing some of the research in targeted areas of juvenile criminal behavior.
In your Annotated Bibliography, identify at least five scholarly and/or credible sources, which includes the source you are reviewing, two sources that support or contradict the initial article, and any other sources that support your analysis in the Week 5 paper, which calls for you to:
- Explain the differences between treatment and punishment concepts.
- Evaluate types of treatment and types of punishment options for violent and non-violent juvenile crimes.
- Examine the research as to whether treatment, punishment, or a combination of both (treatment and punishment) is most effective for reducing recidivism in juvenile offenders.
- Identify the prevailing perspective (treatment, punishment, or combination of both) in your jurisdiction and one other jurisdiction [Note: this may come from a government or other equally credible source].
- Analyze the research on recidivism rates for each jurisdiction (yours and the other you chose) to determine which has lower recidivism rates.
For each of your critical analyses of your sources for the points listed above,
- Summarize each source’s thesis and/or main points in one paragraph.
- Evaluate the relevance of the data used to support the thesis of the source.
- Briefly critique the accuracy, acceptability, strengths and weaknesses, and overall soundness of the article.
- Explain, in one to two sentences, how each source supports your thesis and/or resolution.
- Provide the formal APA reference entry for each source.
The annotated bibliography must be 750 to 1250 words in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly and/or credible sources, which includes the source you are reviewing, two sources that support or contradict the initial article, and any other sources that support your analysis. Visit the Ashford University Library to review the Criminal Justice Research Guide which may help in your research. You may also find the Ashford University Library Quick N’ Dirty (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tutorial, The Research Process (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tutorial, and the Advanced Search Techniques (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. tip sheet helpful as you conduct your research. As you conduct your research, the Ashford University Library also provides the RefWorks tool that will help you organize your research, create APA reference entries and citations, and more. Creating a RefWorks Account (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. will assist you in creating an account in order to start using the tool.